24-hour emergency services
WHAT IS AN EYE EMERGENCY?
Generally speaking, an eye emergency refers to any event or situation that causes you to think your eyesight may be at risk. This may include:
- Physical trauma
- Foreign object stuck in the eye
- Persistent pain in one or both eyes
- Sudden partial or complete vision loss
- Persistent flashes or streaks of light in your field of vision
- Sudden eye discharge, crusting or uncontrollable tearing
It’s important to note that if you are experiencing an eye emergency, you should never attempt to drive yourself to our office or a hospital for treatment. Even if your vision isn’t currently affected, the physician may end up administering drops that will affect your vision.
If you are unable to find a friend or relative to drive you, call a taxi or an ambulance. Please call ahead so we may plan for your treatment.
If you are in doubt dial 9-1-1 immediately and follow their instructions.
In case of an eye emergency, call our Akron Office at: 330-922-4040